25 November 2022
Nothing beats taking a shower for starting the morning well or washing the cares of the day away before bed. Practically speaking too, a shower enclosure is a great space-saving solution if you have a compact bathroom.
The majority of households today benefit from more than one bathroom, with en-suites and extra shower rooms being incorporated into the home in a variety of creative ways. From wetroom style showering areas under the eaves in the loft, to carving out a corner of a master bedroom and even transforming an under stairs cupboard, showers are a popular choice for our small spaces.
But with floor space so often a premium, how do you ensure the perfect for the shower enclosure and create a hotel-inspired and spa-like look regardless of the size of the bathroom? Follow our top 5 tips for choosing a shower enclosure for a small space.
1. Measure up – Before you start planning and shopping, it’s important to know exactly how much space your bathroom has. How the room measures up will ultimately determine the layout of the room and even what fixtures and fittings are right for the space.
2. Think about positioning – Is there an alcove or recess in your bathroom that would make the ideal shower area? Perhaps there’s an unused corner that would be ideal or the layout might work best with a centrally positioned enclosure. CRL bespoke showers are ideal when working with awkward shapes and sizes in rooms such as in corners and under eaves, so space in your small bathroom can be used to its full potential.
3. Choose your style – From classic to contemporary, your shower enclosure can fit with the style of your bathroom. Opting for a minimal, frameless enclosure often works best in small bathrooms, bringing understated elegance to the space whether you live in a country cottage or urban apartment.
4. Go big on the walls – Wall cladding, or large format tiles are popular surface options for the bathroom, with less grout lines not only making the space easer to clean but also creating the illusion of space and a streamlined effect. Highly durable and simple to care for, Ceralsio ceramic and MDi surfaces are inspired by nature, creating a sense of calm and a luxe look in your shower enclosure while also being water tight.
5. Don’t forget the finishing touches – the smallest details can often make a big difference, particularly in the small bathroom. Opting for a striking finish for your shower hardware and matching it with your bathroom brassware creates a look that is big on luxury. From hinges and U-channels, to minimalist hardware for the latest in frameless showering, CRL has solutions for all projects and all spaces, with popular finishes including Chrome, Antique Brass, Brushed Nickel, Matte Black and Polished Copper all available